Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a fun, wonderful, and exciting New Years Eve. We went to a friend’s house and ate, drank, and played games until the wee hours of the morning. It was a blast. But now a few days into the new year, after the rush of the holidays is gone, I like to think about what goals I want to set for the new year.
I wanted to share a few of my New Years resolutions with you all. I think its great to set goals, something to work towards. But the key is to make sure you set a goal that requires work but is still attainable. Don’t set goals for yourself that might be too much of a reach and then tear yourself down if you don’t reach that goal.
If you have a big goal, break it down into steps, that way you feel accomplished as your working towards the main goal. This is something I struggle with too, that’s why this year I am starting off by setting smaller attainable goals and then throughout the year I can reevaluate once I reach them!
This is something I struggle with sometimes, staying consistent. This is one of those big goals that I am breaking down into smaller goals. So here are some of the small ones:
- Reduce the amount of Diet Coke I drink. There are days where I live on Diet Coke and Iced Coffee.
- Meal Prep. I love to cook, but I’ve been really bad about cooking nutritious food for the last 6 months which has led to some less than desirable results. My first step is no take out during the week, cook dinner at home.
- Finish (at least) one round of BBG. If you haven’t heard of BBG (or Bikini Body Guide) it is a workout program that you sign up for online and you can do the workouts at home or at the gym. I do enjoy working out, once I get into a routine, but I need guidence on what moves to do. I really liked the flexibility of the program and that it could be easily accessed on my phone through the app. I was also greatly inspired by Rachel Parcell of Pink Peonies and her success.
- Continue running. I trained for a half marathon last year and really fell in love with running. But lately I haven’t been running at all and I miss it. In addition to BBG I want to run at least twice a week, even if its just one mile.
- Meditate/Yoga. I also started going to yoga classes last year and I want to keep it up and perhaps increase how many times I go. I find Yoga so relaxing and yet challenging at the same time.
- Journal more. I want to find time to journal at least once a week. Get some of my thoughts out on paper.
- Read more. I love to read. When I was a kid I always had a book in my hand, as an adult I buy books and yet put off reading them.
- Unplug. This I know will be hard. As someone who has a blog and is on the computer and my phone a lot I also know that it distracting me from the first two goals. So if I’m watching TV or a movie or reading a book, I am putting my phone down and stepping away from it.
- Of course I will always strive to keep building my blog and work to create desirable content.
- I would like to upgrade some of my equipment this year.
- For my 9-5 job I want to be more proactive on projects and anticipate needs instead of reacting to them. As well as attending professional development opportunities.
What are some of your goals this year? I’d love to know! These are mine to jump start my year.